Saturday 17 May 2014

Road.Trippin.


American road trips – livin’ the dream?

I have recently been learning to drive which I very much enjoy (although in truth I think it’s more the 2 hours spent in close quarters with my rather hunky driving instructor who’s leg I occasionally brush when changing gear – but that’s another story – than the actually act of driving) I have yet to pass my test & so when I chat about our LA road tripping I must say that I didn’t spend a moment at the wheel & it was Kimberley who had to deal with all that driving-on-the-wrong-side-of-the-road crazy business, while I had the luxury of gazing out of the window at all the oh-so-American-dream-world which is in all the Hollywood chick flicks & such.

Cruising along with the radio blasting tunes & the sun blasting rays, there were some pretty chilled vibes in our little automobile & I was immensely enjoying the surrounding scenes. So the first weekend we drove from LA to Palm Springs which was such an insane experience – desert, sand, palm trees and wind turbines as far as the eye could see. They danced in the air to the music we played like rhythmic & obedient soldiers. It was spectacular.
LA playlist: Team by Lorde Pompeii by Bastille Happy by Pharell Counting Stars by One Republic Burn by Ellie Goulding Dark Horse by Katy Perry Cooler than me by Mike Posner NaNa by Trey Songz Brave by Sara Bareilles and most importantly LET ME TAKE A SELFIE by Chain Smokers. Bloody brilliant.

AND THEN THERE WAS A SANDSTORM! After a day pool party in Palm Springs we hopped in the car as the sun was setting & drove through the strongest wind ever. Wound down the windows & felt the air on our hands - it was like sandpaper! A good bit of exfoliation. The experience was too amazing not to experience to the full so we pulled over & danced around in the wind.
We met a group of 'all-American-gals' who instantly became our 'best-friends' in the all-American-way & we cruised back to their motel to chill before an evening party. In an all-Bella-way, I snuck off as the others talked about all-American-things for a swim as the moon took it's spot in the sky.
 
LOVIN' THE ALL AMERICAN DREAM

No comments:

Post a Comment