Sunday 17 July 2011

Over.&.OWL-t.

There's a severe lack of owls on this blog (& blogs in general, may I add) & I'm sure anyone who's anyone would agree. But for what is lacking here is certainly made up for in my life. I actually think it would be almost impossible to catch me without a single owl on my person - be it my earrings, ring, necklace, key ring, phone charm, t-shirt, socks, panties...there's always one hanging around somewhere. Being wise. And cute.

In the last few days two friends wrote to me on facebook about this - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-14111152
It took me quite a while to build up the courage to click on the link for fear it would tell a sad sad story of a dead owl, but thank goodness he only left with a headache. Poor chap. I hope a kind owl chum of his winged him over a bit of paracetamol (or ibroprofen if he was drinking alcohol that night).
Another friend posted this site on my wall - http://owls.pie0.me/
IT HAS LITERALLY MADE MY LIFE.

And then I received the most wonderful letter through the post from an anonymous sender. Inside was a book called 'The Owl who was Afraid of the Dark'. I just don't know how I managed to miss this book when I was young, but thank you kind stranger for sorting me out. 


So a few weeks ago when I was packing up my room in Durham the hardest part was dismantling all my birds.












 Some owl-tastic owls & cards. 
The older you get the better you get (unless you are a banana) Good point eh? 
Owls definitely get better AND wiser.





Socks & panties ooh la la!

 Some owls chilling with my alcohol. Wasters.







Every owl is indiviu-owl to me although I do tend to refer to them all as Marmaduke. Not entirely sure why.

I had a fish called Marmaduke who only survived for 2 weeks. He had a red head. I loved him so much & in fact I think he died from too much attention.

1 comment: