Monday 9 May 2011

Some.Sly.Situation.

VERY SAD. That's all I've got to say on the below matter.


My penny luck had to turn around one day, and that day was today. 
The moment I spotted a 20p on the ground my heart skipped a beat. 20 one penny's in just one silver coin? Could this really be happening to me? I was as excited as a freshly baked gingerbread man - all warm, crunchy and gingery.
As I reached down to pick it up I felt just as the ginger bread man would on Christmas.
Unfortunately a few seconds later I felt just like the above (photographed) broken gingerbread man. Split in two. Not even a head. Only one button smartie. A measly half arm. No hair. No eyes. No nose. NO SMILE. Because....some sly cheeky chappy had SUPER-GLUED the 20p to the pavement - I kid you not.
So that's that. I am, as they say in Gingerbreadman - very.dis.heart.ened. 
There will be no more jumping out of the oven in true happy gingerbread man style for me.
Very.sad.day.


I may even have felt worse than this ice-cream

No comments:

Post a Comment